When using a toothpaste for sensitive teeth, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind:
- Be sure to use 1/2 -1 inch of the toothpaste on your toothbrush; that will ensure the proper amount of the active ingredient (potassium nitrate) to help with sensitivity.
- Be sure you are brushing your teeth for 2 minutes.
- Be sure you are consistent with using the same toothpaste morning and night; otherwise you are not getting the proper dose of potassium nitrate.
- It will take about 2 weeks of constant use for sensitivity to subside. If you are still experiencing sensitivity or pain after that, be sure to call our office at 507-345-7786 so we may determine if something else is causing the problem.
– from Pam T. (Dental Assistant)