Welcome to Commerce Drive Dental! We are pleased that you have chosen our office to serve your dental needs, and we look forward to seeing you at your first appointment with us. Feel free to let us know if you have specific questions or needs regarding your appointment, as our goal is to help you feel comfortable with your dental care here.
We would like to provide some information about your upcoming appointment, along with a few suggestions that will help your initial appointment go more smoothly:
- At your first visit in our office, unless the visit is for an emergency, the doctor will do a comprehensive exam, we will take any necessary x-rays, and a hygienist will do a periodontal gum screening. Your initial dental cleaning will not be scheduled until after the hygienist completes the periodontal screening and reviews the findings with the doctor, who will then diagnose your condition and prescribe the treatment that best suits your needs.
- Prior to your initial dental appointment in our office, please contact your previous dental office to expedite transfer of your dental records (feel free to print and fill out our “Release of Records” form to streamline the process for both parties).
- If you have been required to take antibiotics for a medical condition prior to dental treatment in the past, please contact us before your appointment so we can discuss whether it is still necessary to do so.
- When you come for your appointment, please bring a complete list of prescription and OTC (over the counter) medications you are taking.
- For patients under age 18, please make sure that a parent or guardian also attends the initial appointment.
- Please review your dental insurance benefits and bring your dental insurance card with you.
- Finally, we attempt to see you at your appointed time since we believe your time is as valuable as ours. It would be helpful if you could complete a health history form for us prior to your appointment; you may print one from our forms page and fill it out at home.