Here are some tips for keeping those soft night guards and athletic mouth guards clean:
- Use hand soap with a soft bristle toothbrush to clean. Rinse well.
- DO NOT use toothpaste; toothpaste is abrasive and will cause scratches that can pick up stain.
- Do not soak in anything besides water.
- To prevent distortions, use lukewarm water.
- Make sure teeth are well brushed and flossed before wearing the guard.
- Do not eat or drink while wearing the guard.
- Bring your guard in for any adjustments and also to your cleaning appointments to have it checked regularly.
– from Megan W. (Dental Assistant)