Patients often ask how to use bleaching trays for best results to lighten their teeth, so here are the Commerce Drive Dental recommendations:
- Brush and floss before inserting trays for best results.
- Place small amount of bleach material (size of a BB) in each tooth on the trays (molars are optional).
- Wear trays for 1-4 hours a day for approximately 2 weeks.
- After trays are seated in mouth, remove any excess material from gum tissue using either your finger or soft toothbrush.
- Do NOT eat or drink while trays are in.
- White spots on the enamel or that appear during bleaching may blend during continued bleaching process.
- Teeth are naturally darker along the gumline. These areas may require more time to lighten than the rest of the tooth surface and usually remain slightly darker.
- After removing trays brush off the excess material on teeth and rinse, do NOT swallow the gel.
- Clean trays with soft toothbrush and cool water to remove material from trays.
- Store trays out of reach of children and animals.
- Store bleach material out of the sun and heat. Refrigeration is recommended, but do NOT freeze.
- If sensitivity occurs, decrease the length of time you wear the trays. You could also try using toothpaste for sensitive teeth.
- Crowns, bridges, partials, veneers, and composite fillings will NOT bleach.
- Coffee, tobacco, and other products can re-stain your teeth over time.
See our Cosmetic Dental Services page for more information. And as always, please let us know if you have further questions about bleaching your teeth, or any other dental procedure. We are happy to help you!
– from Lisa G. (Business Team)