1. It takes around 2 weeks for the tooth paste to help with sensitivity.
2. You need to only use the sensitive tooth paste and not switch off with another regular or whitening tooth paste. If you switch back and forth, you wipe out all of the medication of the sensitive tooth paste.
3. You need to use a full ribbon (the whole length of the tooth brush head) of tooth paste to get the correct dosage of medication from the tooth paste.
4. Start in the area that is most sensitive, so you have the full amount of tooth paste working on the sensitive tooth. After 2 weeks, rotate the starting spots to different areas to help all teeth.
5. After you are done brushing, you can place a small amount of tooth paste on your finger and rub it on the root surface that is most sensitive.
6. Most sensitive tooth pastes don't foam up like regular tooth pastes. They still clean just as well without foaming.
- from Julie C. (Dental Hygienist)