1. Replace your old toothbrush - get in the habit of changing your toothbrush every 3 months. The ability for a toothbrush to reach small crevices decreases as the bristles wear down. Bacterial and viral infections are another reason to switch your toothbrush for a new one. Infectious agents can live throughout the bristles with the potential to reinfect you, so make sure to toss your toothbrush after every cold!
2. Check the expiration date on your mouthwash - using mouthwash past the expiration date can affect the taste and the effectiveness, so make sure yours is still good.
3. Add floss - with a daily flossing schedule, it can add up to roughly 45 feet of floss per month! Stock up to avoid running out.
4. Schedule an appointment - with cleanings recommended every 6 months, regular visits should already be a part of your schedule. Seeing your dentist regularly is a good way to spot and stop any problems before they become bigger, pricier, and painful.
Reminder - in order to benefit our patients we are open until 7 on Monday and Tuesday during the fall/winter months. Now that spring is here, these days we will be open until 5 starting May 1. Our lunch hour is between 1:00 and 2:00. Summer schedules are booking up quickly, so make an appointment today! Call us at 507-345-7786 and we would be happy to help you find a convenient time.
- from Jamie R. (Dental Assistant)