Signs of acid erosion that you may notice are: yellower teeth or more translucent teeth at the edges, or you may notice small dents on the the tooth surface. You can also experience cold sensitivity. However, signs of acid erosion can be difficult to spot.
Some ways to protect your teeth from acid erosion are as follows:
- Avoid brushing teeth right after consuming acidic foods and drinks like orange juice at breakfast.
- Quickly drink acidic drinks and don't swish them around your mouth.
- Use a straw to drink acidic drinks and place it in toward the back of your mouth and away from your teeth.
- Also brush with a soft toothbrush and brush your teeth gently but thoroughly.
- Have regular dental dental check-ups and be sure to mention any concerns to your dentist or hygienist.
- from Susan B. (Dental Hygienist)